is JavaScript.Net alive?

Jun 11, 2011 at 7:42 PM

If not, would authors mind a fork being created on github?

Developer
Jun 26, 2011 at 3:57 PM
Edited Jun 26, 2011 at 4:08 PM

The google v8 source used seems to be from 9/2010 v 2.2. And the performance are slower that nodejs 0.4.2 or the last chrome on Windows.
It would be nice to have the latest V8 source code if available.

Now I said that,   but I gave up C++ years ago?

I also wrote a C# library to write or read JavaScript objects from Noesis JavaScript.Net, using the C# dynamic aspect, I not sure how to call the library, because I cannot use the word Noesis.

Jun 26, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Hi Frederical,

C++ is also the reason I have not forked this yet :)  however I have got my copy of 'the c++ programming language' so I'll get to it soon :)

Developer
Jun 29, 2011 at 4:09 AM

I had to face the bug described here http://javascriptdotnet.codeplex.com/workitem/7822

The bug has been repeated in December 2010 and is probably simple to fix,  but never fix.

Also look like the check in history only show one check in.

That is really bad, but yes look like, Noesis JavaScript.NET is dead.

Jul 11, 2011 at 4:51 PM
fredericaltorres wrote:

I had to face the bug described here http://javascriptdotnet.codeplex.com/workitem/7822

The bug has been repeated in December 2010 and is probably simple to fix,  but never fix.

Very easy to fix! The v.04 source code is only available on the downloads page, btw. (The one check-in is old...)

Noesis.Javascript\JavascriptInterop.cpp(246):

System::DateTime^ startDate = gcnew System::DateTime(1970, 1, 2);

should be... (1970, 1, 1)

Developer
Jul 11, 2011 at 5:19 PM

jsjohns, I know this bug is easy to fix, but the bigger question is: is Noesis JavaScript.net dead? For example the V8 source code used is from 09/2010. My testing done with nodejs 0.2 and 0.4 shows great performance improvement. Moving to the latest code of V8, would be good, and this probably required some expertise in C++, combining managed vs unmanaged code.

This is not my cup of tea, and I do not want to spend time on this. So at this point I am turning to Jurassic JavaScript runtime, it is slower but it is maintained.