This project is read-only.

Error loading assembly, not signed?

Mar 3, 2011 at 6:16 PM

I'm getting the yellow screen of death trying to reference the 0.4 .Net 4.0 DLL in my web application:

Could not load file or assembly 'Noesis.Javascript' or one of its dependencies. Strong name signature could not be verified.  The assembly may have been tampered with, or it was delay signed but not fully signed with the correct private key. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131045)

I downloaded the binaries on the front page from this link: http://javascriptdotnet.codeplex.com/releases/view/52449#DownloadId=150992 - is this some discrepancy between 32 and 64-bit systems? My machine is running Win7x64...any help would be great. :)

Mar 7, 2011 at 7:16 PM

I'm getting the same problem and here's the assembly load trace:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not load file or assembly 'Noesis.Javascript' or one of its dependencies. Strong name signature could not be verified.  The assembly may have been tampered with, or it was delay signed but not fully signed with the correct private key. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131045)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Noesis.Javascript' or one of its dependencies. Strong name signature could not be verified.  The assembly may have been tampered with, or it was delay signed but not fully signed with the correct private key. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131045)

Source Error:

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Noesis.Javascript' could not be loaded.

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Assembly manager loaded from:  C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Running under executable  C:\Windows\SysWOW64\inetsrv\w3wp.exe
--- A detailed error log follows. 

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: User = IIS APPPOOL\127.0.0.1.latest
LOG: DisplayName = Noesis.Javascript
 (Partial)
WRN: Partial binding information was supplied for an assembly:
WRN: Assembly Name: Noesis.Javascript | Domain ID: 3
WRN: A partial bind occurs when only part of the assembly display name is provided.
WRN: This might result in the binder loading an incorrect assembly.
WRN: It is recommended to provide a fully specified textual identity for the assembly,
WRN: that consists of the simple name, version, culture, and public key token.
WRN: See whitepaper http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=109270 for more information and common solutions to this issue.
LOG: Appbase = file:///E:/Dev/Sparq2/Features/ScriptingEngine/Deploy/1.0.8.4891/Site/VisionCritical.Platform.Services.Common/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = E:\Dev\Sparq2\Features\ScriptingEngine\Deploy\1.0.8.4891\Site\VisionCritical.Platform.Services.Common\bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: Using application configuration file: E:\Dev\Sparq2\Features\ScriptingEngine\Deploy\1.0.8.4891\Site\VisionCritical.Platform.Services.Common\web.config
LOG: Using host configuration file: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet.config
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/e624c5f5/5ad1808e/Noesis.Javascript.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/e624c5f5/5ad1808e/Noesis.Javascript/Noesis.Javascript.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///E:/Dev/Sparq2/Features/ScriptingEngine/Deploy/1.0.8.4891/Site/VisionCritical.Platform.Services.Common/bin/Noesis.Javascript.DLL.
LOG: Using application configuration file: E:\Dev\Sparq2\Features\ScriptingEngine\Deploy\1.0.8.4891\Site\VisionCritical.Platform.Services.Common\web.config
LOG: Using host configuration file: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet.config
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: Noesis.Javascript, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ae36d046c7f89f85
ERR: Failed to complete setup of assembly (hr = 0x80131045). Probing terminated.

Jul 15, 2011 at 12:18 AM

I got the same problem. Trying to include it in an addin but it wont work.

Working fine if i use it in a console application.

Aug 9, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Got the same problem - works fine in a console app, but fails in a unit tests.

Aug 10, 2011 at 12:10 AM

The Noesis DLLs are only compiled to run in 32 bit mode.  Does switching to x86 help?  Other problem could be missing C runtime libraries.

Aug 10, 2011 at 8:58 AM

My project (VS2010, .NET 4) is set up for x86 and I've copied the C runtime to the output folder.

Will try rebuilding from source and signing it myself.

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I have the same problem was there any resolve?

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:33 PM

To resolve this, I just compiled the C++ project myself and then referenced resulting binary.  Seemed to have worked

Feb 3, 2012 at 5:17 AM

This may have been because the binaries rely on a version of the C runtime library you don't have.  If this is true then it worked for gregkowalski after compiling from source because the DLL built would have had a dependency on whatever runtime library he has on his machine.

Sep 21, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Edited Sep 21, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Problem solved for me.

I had the same problem. I built it as C# Project and tried to execute the same program posted here. But had the same crash as everyone else.
Sine my machine is Windows 8, X64.
So, Right Click Solution in Solution Explorer. Select the option "Configuration Manager".
Now since it was a C# project, we have a configuration called "Any CPU".
Click that dropdown in Configuration Manager. Select "Add New" option.
I added X64 for myself. You can try adding X86 for your platform.
Run, from the Build bar select your platform X86/X64 and Release build.
Press F5 or Build and Execute button ....
cool .... it worked for me

+

You may also get an exception on :
context.Run(script);

put it inside try/catch...

try
{
context.Run(script);
}
catch (Exception e)
{
Console.WriteLine(e.Message);