This project is read-only.

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Jan 20, 2011 at 10:56 AM

I've read this post countless times:
http://javascriptdotnet.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=226974

I love javascript.net! It does what I expect it to do. I too discovered that it had multiple thread issues at a later stage of the development of my app. I tried alternatives like jint (not working) and read about spidermonkeydotnet( the example doesn't do a great job at making it look easy so i guess it is quiet complex to figure out). 

So my question: will javascriptdotnet team ever create an 'elegant' solution to this problem or use spidermonkey instead of V8 option? 

Or Am i forced to use the wcf propistion? Does it work?

I rather here that there is a solution coming out for this problem. 

keep up the good work guys! 

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:22 AM
Edited Feb 1, 2011 at 5:33 PM

I can tell you, a multiple EXE solution is tough but it can be done. WCF is a good and useful tool to know for future work. 

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/anonymole/Trading/SkyTrader.jpg

That is is an example of a JavascriptDotnet containing trading application I wrote. It uses a server to connect to a broker and multiple clients that run a javascript trading script. I can log and chart out through the script or send data and brokerage events back into the script. Works SLICK! 

So, don't let the multiple process requirement stymie you. 

As an aside, I also tried out the IronPython DLR which I was able to setup in a test rig which emulated my trading app. It performed as expected and so I believe would be a valid substitute for a multiple script host, single process application. 

Feb 26, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Anonymole, did  you buld thsi trading app fo yourself or for a client? Looks very interesting.

Feb 27, 2011 at 2:16 AM

It was a proof of concept to determine if I could build a scripted trading environment using Javascript. I did it for myself. Proved it could be done. But like every other project I've ever built for myself, I got it through the point of feasibility and I moved on to something else. I guess that's why I'll never be rich.

I figured it might handle 10 simultaneous trading strategies on a typical 2-8 core machine. WCF was not made for hundreds of communication events per second - tick market data style. Although I never saw an interruption while I was testing. Contact me outside this venue to discuss possibilities. @gmail.com